Sorority membership provides a lifetime of learning and involvement. Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc., provides its members with a climate for growth and development of leadership skills and talents.
Joining Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc., provides a tremendous opportunity to network with phenomenal women dedicated to the ideals of sisterhood, friendship, and professional development. Sorority membership is a lifetime commitment requiring time, dedication, and resources. It also rewards its members by fostering a nurturing environment in which to develop, share skills and talents, and collectively be a powerful force of change in the local community and across the United States, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
As a business and professional sisterhood, eligibility for membership in Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc., is based on academic achievement, professional accomplishment, and civic engagement. Zeta Mu is a graduate chapter. One or more of the following basic qualifications must be met for membership consideration:
● Must be a Graduate of an accredited business college or university
● Graduate of a four-year college and successfully owns/operates a business, OR
● Graduate of an accredited two-year business college meeting the 48 credit hours requirement
Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc., believes membership in a sorority is voluntary and is a matter of mutual selection. Membership in Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. is by invitation of local chapters. Each chapter schedules its own membership recruitment period during the sorority year where women can learn about the organization, the chapter, and local events.
● Morgan Williams (#1) has worked in the field of hospitality for many years and has found her passion in event planning. In addition to her career, she runs a podcast with her husband whom she has been married to for 4 years. She enjoys singing, great music, Jass, and R&B to be specific, and she loves great books. Mrs. Williams holds a degree in Business Administration and hopes to use her degree to move further in her career in hospitality.
● Dr. Pamela Ballard (#2) is a board-certified physician in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation with a subspecialty certification in Spinal Cord Injury Medicine. Throughout her medical career, she served as as role model, health educator and mentor as well as an advocate for underserved and disabled communities. Dr. Ballard has been a life long enthusiast of sports, physical activity, adventure, and all genres of dance. Dr.Ballard desires to share her health and wellness passion while embracing the mind, body, and spirit connection. Dr.Ballard strongly believes that "Your Health Is Your Wealth".
● Shawn Angela Ross (#3) is the global Marketing Operations Manager for Brown Rudnick LLP. Ms.Ross has over 20 years of legal experience having served in the U.S Army as a Legal Noncommissioned Officer/Senior Court Reporter and having worked in ranking law firms in various roles prior to becoming a legal marketing professional. Ms. Ross has an Associate's degree from Fayetteville State University, Bachelor's degree from Strayer University, and Master's degree from The George Washington University. Ms.Ross is a loving mother to two adult children and a joyful nana to her delightful granddaughter.
● Rhonda Darnell Dixon (#4) began her career as a home-based licensed childcare provider in 1985. Then, she embarked on an entrepreneurial journey, with her children in mind, centered around children; Lil' Kings 'N' Queens of Childcare was launched. Ms. Dixon is a true servant of her community, makes herself aware of others needs, and then acts to assist them in any way possible. Later in life, she pursued her dream of completing her degree and received a Bachelor's of Applied Liberal Studies degree at Morgan State University. Ms.Dixon launched several businesses, "Rhapsody of Dreams Weddings & Special Events, Inc.", "4 The Love of Nalia," which specializes in Greek and Non-Greek paraphernalia, and "It's Not Just Balloons". Lastly, Ms.Dixon is a proud mother of four and grandmother of two, and resides in Catonsville, Maryland.
●Lynette Queen (#5) has established her presence in the meeting and conference industry supporting the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). With more than a decade supporting NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and presently NASA Headquarters, she has supported various researchers and missions to include JWST and Roman Space Telescope She holds a Master's Degree in Event and Tourism Administration from the George Washington University, and is a proud, lifelong resident of Prince George's County, Maryland. In her free time, she shares her love for puzzles with her children, Lauren (12) and David (9) by completing escape rooms. Covertly grooming their teamwork and problem-solving skills.
● Gerell L. Smith (#6) received a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science from THEE Shaw University and a Master's of Public Health in Community Health Education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. For the last seven years, Gerell has been employed at the US Census Bureau where she works in the communications office for the Decennial Census Program. Also, Gerell has had the pleasure of being a part-time adjunct instructor at North Carolina Central Univeristy. Currently, Gerell resides in Laurel, MD with her sweet little dog, Gunner Langston.
● Latonya Montford (#7), by trade is a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) that works as the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of General Medicine for a Clinical Research Organization, and serves as the National Past President, for Tri It for Life, CFO of Team Flow Cycle, and a certified US Master Swim coach for adults. By passion, she's a fitness enthusiast, who was certified to teach aerobics and personal train at the age of 16 through AFAA (American Fitness Associations of American) & ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine). She enjoys sharing her inspirational story with others in the hopes that they find the courage and motivation to start a journey of their own.
● Shamara Redden (#8) is a dynamic professional in the culinary and hospitality industry. Her boundless energy fuels her enthusiasm for crafting delightful experiences. Beyond her career, Shamara finds solace in nature and takes joy in preserving cherished family traditions. Her biggest source of pride and joy is her cherished son, Xzaviar Redden, with whom she shares an unbreakable bond. Known for her vibrant spirit, Shamara thrives on helping others and exemplifying her deep passion for making a positive impact in the lives of those around her.
● Dr. Stacy Ross (#9) is a board-certified family physicians who has practiced in Prince George's County, Maryland for several decades. During her career, she has founded multiple medical practices and residency program. She has had the privilege of mentoring hundreds of medical students, residents, and faculty. Her major value is being a servant in her endeavors. Dr.Ross is proud to call Prince George's County, Maryland her home and she is becoming very active in her new church home.
● Dr. Krystle Clarke (#10) has been in the dental field all her life. Her late mother, Dr. Sally Flowers was a well-respected dentist in the DC Metropolitan area. when Dr.Clarke's mother passed, she made it her mission to continue her mother's legacy. Dr.Clarke completed her bachelor's degree in biological science from Howard University and her Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Howard University College of Dentistry. Dr. Clarke reopened her mother's former dental office and named it in honor of her Flowers Dental. In her spare time, Dr.Clarke is also a very talented rapper and singer by the name of Krystle Maria. Dr. Clarke loves to make people smile whether it is literally, through dentistry, or emotionally, through music.
● Nicole Rhames- McLeary (#11) has 17 years of experience in various educational roles in the New York City Department of Education. She is deeply passionate about ensuring all students have the best educational opportunities regardless of demographics or socioeconomic status. She is a proud graduate of the illustrious HBCU, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. Mrs. Rhames-McLeary also holds a Master's degree from Brooklyn College in Education and an Educational Leadership Master's degree from Bank Street College in New York City. Alongside her professional endeavors, she is a proud wife and loving mother of a precocious five-year-old son and a go-hard resident of Brooklyn, New York.
● Robin Browne (#12) has a 37 years of professional experience in the Information Technology (IT) field in both the private and federal sectors. She spent the fist 25 years of her career in the private sector supporting various government and private agencies. She currently works as a Senior Supervisory Project Manager supporting multiple high-profile projects in support of the Census Bureau's Degree in Computer Science from Hampton University and a Master's Certification in Project Management from George Washington University. Ms.Browne is the proud mother of two adult sons whom she raised in Bowie, Maryland, and a proud grandmother of two amazing grandsons.
● Dr. Taniesha Alexander (#13), is a business professional with over 19 years of combined experience in accounting, auditing, and grants management. She serves as an auditor for the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), where she ensures compliance with many of our Nation's substance use and mental health programs. Mrs. Alexander earned three business degrees: Doctorate of Business Administration, Master's of Business Administrations and a Bachelor's of Science in Accounting. She is also a Certified Fraud Examiner, entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Alexander is a member of Kingdom Fellowship AME church, where she supports its Kingdom Cares ministry. She is a wife and mother of two children and a resident of Prince George's County, Maryland.
● Nerissa Mark (#14) is a dynamic government contractor, with an entrepreneurial spirit, she began her career in 2017 at the USDA as an intern. Since then, she has assisted numerous agencies pursue their mission, including but not limited to DEA, DOC, GPO and DOD. Nerissa received her Bachelor's Degree from Howard University and has a Master's of Business Administration from University of Maryland Global Campus. She's a proud mother of two amazing girls ages 6 and 9, and has a cat named Raja. Nerissa currently resides in Washington DC with her family.
● Nayrovis Canela (#15) is a proud U.S Navy Veteran from NYC, a mom of four, a wife and a student. After earning her MBA at Strayer University, she obtained employment at USPTO as a Human Resources Specialist. She enjoys cooking, volunteering, and traveling around the world. She's even climbed Mt. Fuji while stationed in Japan. Her personal mantra is, 'Anything to make someone smile, is worth doing.'
● Charmaine Johnson (#16) began her federal career in law enforcement with the Drug Enforcement Administration in 1998, where she became passionate about Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity. Mrs. Johnson is currently the Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Program Manager for the Department of the Treasury. Charmaine specializes in federal resume writing, mock interviews, mentoring programs and flash mentoring events. She has presented and organized training programs for different agencies and national conferences. Charmaine holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management. She lives in Maryland with her husband and four of their six children.
● JuDonna L Foreman (#17), is a CPA and a graduate of Georgetown University Business School, with over 30 years of professional experience in both the public and private sectors. JuDonna is also very active in her community. she volunteers on the Board of Directors for the D.C Teachers Federal Credit Union and is an active member of a book club called "Just Friends". Additionally, she volunteers as a speaker in the classroom for the Maryland Scholars and The Senator Benson Scholars. She wants to continue making an impact in the community through community service and giving back as much as she can.
● Alexis Moore (#18) is a proud wife and mother of four children, residing in Central Maryland. She has a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, with over 24 years of graphic design experience in both the private and public sector. She is currently serving as Lead Visual Information Specialist, Contract Officer's Representative, and Program Manager at the U.S Department of Justice. Mrs. Moore enjoys the challenge of learning new things and continues to further her education with additional certifications. In her free time, she enjoys crafting of all sorts, long walks, meditation, and being in nature.